Enchilada Stuffed Shells
Makes as much as in the video
|12||Jumbo Pasta Shells||?|
|1 Tbsp||Olive Oil||?|
|½||White Onion (Chopped)||?|
|¼ cup||Green Chiles||?|
|1 cup||Shredded Chicken||?|
|Salt and Pepper||?|
|1 cup||Ricotta Cheese||?|
|½ cup||Queso Fresco||?|
|½ cup||Monterey Jack Cheese (Shredded)||?|
|Fresh Scallions (for garnish)||?|
|10 oz||Green Enchilada Sauce||?|
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Bring water to a boil. Cook the pasta shells until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside to cool.
- Pour the oil in a pan, add the onions and cook on medium heat until softened. Add the green chiles, chicken, and spices and stir to combine. Cook on low heat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Place chicken mixture in a bowl. Add ricotta, queso fresco, and monterey jack and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Stuff each shell with a large spoonful of the mixture.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with a thin layer of green enchilada sauce. Cover with the rest of the enchilada sauce and some additional queso fresco and monterey jack. Bake at 375°F / 190°C for about 30 minutes.